invest in mundo verde
Combining Education for Sustainability, bilingual education and project-based learning (EL Education), Mundo Verde’s program fosters high levels of academic achievement among a diverse group of students by preparing them to be successful and compassionate global stewards of their communities.
A parent-founded public charter school in the District of Columbia, Mundo Verde relies on a combination of public funding designated per enrolled student, competitive public funding, and the support of families, staff, community members, corporations, and foundations to accomplish our unique mission. Our vibrant community of supporters provides funds critical for the implementation of Mundo Verde’s biliteracy curricula and LEED-certified, one-of-a-kind sustainability demonstration campus.
Mundo Verde is a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation and is exempt from federal income tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Your gifts are tax-deductible to the full extent allowed by law.
every donation counts
Your contribution, at any level, has a direct influence on our students’ experiences. Thanks to the generosity of our supporters, families, and community members we are able to:
- Attract and retain talented and dedicated staff AND help them grow with innovative professional development;
- Offer our students immersive, hands-on field studies, experiential learning opportunities such as working with real-life experts, and activities that stand out from traditional academic offerings like cooking and gardening classes and school-wide nature adventure excursions on a regular basis; and
- Continue enhancing and expanding our campus with mission-aligned improvement projects that include: new library furniture, books, and media to support the literacy program; a school kitchen to support health, wellness, science, and sustainability goals; auditorium AV equipment to support performing arts programs and events; and outdoor spaces to support active play and learning.
how to give
We are honored and inspired with every single one of the contributions made to Mundo Verde, no matter the size. Everybody can contribute to our school’s future in critical ways:
- Donate online: Click the DONATE NOW button to the right. You can charge your one-time or recurring gift on American Express, Visa, or MasterCard (recurring giving can help you set up a larger contribution by spreading it evenly through the year).
- Donate by check, cash or money order: Send to Outreach Office, Mundo Verde Bilingual Public Charter School, 30 P Street NW, Washington, DC 20001
- Gift of appreciated stock: Donating gifts of stock or securities may provide you significant tax advantages. Please call Isadora Carreras at 202-750-7051.
- Sponsor our gala: Become a sponsor for our Growing Global Stewards Gala and donate at the sponsorship level of your choosing. See more here!
- Donate using your Mundo Verde account: Mundo Verde families can now set up recurring contributions directly from their school accounts.
- Leverage your gift:
- Give where you work: Check with your employer to see if they participate in United Way or Combined Federal Campaign (CFC) giving. When you designate Mundo Verde, please let us know, as sometimes designation reporting takes some time to get to us.
- Employer matching: You might be able to make your gift go farther! Please check with your employer to find out if they have a matching gift program.
To find out more about the our fundraising needs or if you have any questions, please contact Isadora Carreras at 202-750-7051 or at email@example.com. We invite your questions and thank you in advance for your generosity!